[openstack-dev] [all][glare][api] How's going to use Glare?

Mikhail Fedosin mfedosin at mirantis.com
Mon May 23 15:19:38 UTC 2016

Hello! Some time ago we created new service called Glare that brings
support of artifacts in OpenStack. It is based on Glance v2 API and adapts
it to the possibility of using different artifact types, like containers,
various templates, application packages, but not just VM images only. You
can check these slides
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1WQoBenlp-0vD1t7mpPgQuepDmlPUXq2LOfRYnurZx74/edit#slide=id.p
and this presentation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpEdycRp9Y to learn
more about Glare and its mission.

We have been developing stable Glare version since February and today I'm
happy to present you the final specification of v1 API
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/283136/. Currently we work with Heat,
App-Catalog and Murano teams to implement features they need, but also I'll
be glad to get some feedback from other projects which are interested in
using Glare and catalogization their binaries.

Also it will be awesome if you can review the spec and leave your opinions
as well (it's kind of huge, but it's only because there are a lot of use
cases and examples of the API). There we tried to satisfy all API-WG,
DefCore and a common sense requirements to make this API as much RESTful as
possible.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Mikhail Fedosin