[openstack-dev] [kolla][kolla-kubernetes][kubernetes]

Ryan Hallisey rhallise at redhat.com
Mon May 23 14:13:55 UTC 2016

Right, I wouldn't either.

The problem has to do with being able to clearly define the difference between bootstrapping and upgrading in Kubernetes.
Bootstrapping has a series of steps it needs to run.  Upgrades have a different series of steps.  How can kolla-kubernetes
be able to perform one or the other based on whether the operator is boostrapping or upgrading the same pod?  And how
will those steps be ordered?

Maybe a combination of Kubernetes hooks and health checks could solve this?  I'm not entirely sure. However, you can
still get bootstrapping and upgrades using outside orchestration.  For now, I think kolla-kubernetes will focus on outside
orchestration until Kubernetes reaches a point where the community can do this in a pod.

Thanks,
Ryan