[openstack-dev] [glance] Best practices for glance weekly team meetings

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Fri May 20 22:40:08 UTC 2016

Hi team,

I have noticed it lately that people were being reluctant on paying
attention to the agenda proposed; either there were too many proposals
or one too many last minute additions. We also did not have any process
to effectively manage the agenda already proposed.  So, as discussed at
this week's team meeting [1], I've added a few best practices about
adding agenda items, to our weekly meeting's etherpad [2] and there's a
bit of protocol to be followed (below). Please note them carefully as I
will be paying close attention to those who do not follow and call them
out if needed.

Please note the following carefully:

* We will be limiting the number of agenda topics per week and there
will be indication in the agenda etherpad about the same.

* Be mindful of others' time, type short precise messages especially
when it comes to updates or review requests.

* Indicate clearly when you are done.

* Try to stay on topic and don't clutter the open discussions, rather
try to propose a topic beforehand.

* Keep focus for the week to stay on track, instead of asking for more
reviews, give reviews that are important for that week. Raise important
questions and discuss findings from that week.

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/glance/2016/glance.2016-05-19-14.00.log.html#l-25

[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/glance-team-meeting-agenda

Nikhil