[openstack-dev] [heat] enabled convergence background

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Fri May 20 08:21:00 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 09:26:46AM +0200, Thomas Herve wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 5:46 AM, xiangxinyong <xiangxingyong at qq.com> wrote:
> > Hi Team,
> >
> > I noticed that heat enabled convergence.
>
> I hope that's not the case :). We haven't made the switch yet. We
> continue to do testing, and we're still finding issues so we won't
> make it until we have a good confidence that it's mostly seamless.

It's not ;)

https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/master/heat/common/config.py#L181

> > Could someone tell me about the background about the convergence.
> > or some specs to introduce it?
>
> I believe the spec is a good introduction to it:
> https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/heat-specs/specs/juno/convergence.html

Rico also did a nice overview in his talk in Tokyo:

https://www.openstack.org/summit/tokyo-2015/videos/presentation/inwinstack-heat-up-your-stack-deep-dive-to-heat-learn-how-to-orchestrate-your-cloud

It's towards the end (from around 28mins)

Steve