[openstack-dev] [all][requirements] Refresher on how to use global requirements process

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu May 19 14:25:23 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Dirk Müller's message of 2016-05-19 15:38:45 +0200:
> Hi Doug,
>
> > Cleaning up the readme makes a lot of sense. If we end up wanting to
> > split it a lot, I'd suggest moving some of the "consumer" facing info to
> > the project team guide, but it's moderately less easy to change there
> > because the reviewer group is different.
>
> .. which is a good thing, right? we shouldn't change "consumer" facing
> instructions too often..
>
> Greetings,
> Dirk

No, I don't agree with that.  We don't want to change process
arbitrarily, but when the process does change we need to be able
to update the instructions easily. That's not to say the PTG is
hard to update, just that it might be a little slower than the
readme in the requirements repo.

Doug