[openstack-dev] [javascript] [infra] NPM Mirrors (IMPORTANT)

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Thu May 19 13:21:15 UTC 2016

Well, my current theory is that npm's default timeout and retries are set
too permissively for cold AFS caches (2 retries, 10 second mintimeout, 1
minute maxtimeout). We _just_ landed this patch (
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/318279/) which increases both the # of
retries and the timeouts, which would address that issue.

We've got two choices- revert the mirror configuration, or wait for this
patch to be propagated to our slaves. Both of them will require a dib run,
which happens once a day, so neither fix will be available until tomorrow.
Frankly, I'd prefer to move forward than back, so I'm going to check in the
infra channel to see if we can trigger that run manually.

Michael