[openstack-dev] [OVN] [networking-ovn] [networking-sfc] SFC and OVN

John McDowall jmcdowall at paloaltonetworks.com
Wed May 18 20:55:14 UTC 2016

Ryan,

OK all three repos and now aligned with their masters. I have done some simple level system tests and I can steer traffic to a single VNF.  Note: some additional changes to networking-sfc to catch-up with their changes.

https://github.com/doonhammer/networking-sfc
https://github.com/doonhammer/networking-ovn
https://github.com/doonhammer/ovs

The next tasks I see are:

  1.  Decouple networking-sfc and networking-ovn. I am thinking that I will pass a nested port-chain dictionary holding port-pairs/port-pair-groups/flow-classifiers from networking-sfc to networking-ovn.
  2.  Align the interface between networking-ovn and ovs/ovn to match the nested dictionary in 1.
  3.  Modify the ovn-nb schema and ovn-northd.c to march the port-chain model.
  4.  Add ability to support chain of port-pairs
  5.  Think about flow-classifiers and how best to map them, today I just map the logical-port and ignore everything else.

Any other suggestions/feedback?

Regards

John