[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Reason for installing devstack in CI pipeline

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed May 18 17:59:55 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-18 08:50:38 -0400 (-0400), Paul Belanger wrote:
[...]
> So taking what you have explained and looking at the code, I think
> there can be some optimizations made to actually switch out
> devstack-gate and using zuul-cloner directly. Currently, using
> devstack-gate add about 10mins to the start of a job and 10GB+ of
> data onto the server.
[...]

That sounds likely. At one point in time devstack-gate's multirepo
Git dependency handling was the only easy and available solution for
that, but eventually its logic got reimplemented in and replaced by
zuul-cloner precisely because projects might want to do those things
outside the context of devstack-gate.
--
Jeremy Stanley