[openstack-dev] [neutron][stable] Ryu 4.2 breaking python34 jobs

Tidwell, Ryan ryan.tidwell at hpe.com
Wed May 18 16:25:30 UTC 2016

I just wanted to give a heads-up to everyone that a bug in Ryu 4.2 which was just recently pushed to pypi seems to causing issues in the python34 jobs in neutron-dynamic-routing.  This issue will likely also cause problems for backports to stable/mitaka in the main neutron repository. I have filed https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1583011 to track the issue.  The short version of the problem is that an incompatibility with python 3 was briefly introduced. Note that master in the neutron repository is probably not affected as we have spun out the BGP code that exercises the portions of Ryu affected by the python 3 incompatibility. Please also note that a fix for the issue merged in Ryu several hours ago.

-Ryan