[openstack-dev] [release] Re: [Neutron][L2GW] Mitaka release of L2 Gateway now available

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Tue May 17 18:20:09 UTC 2016

tl;dr  Merge changes to process documentation before expecting them to
be followed!  :)

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 4:25 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com> wrote:
> 2016.1.0 tag is in the repo, and is part of stable/mitaka branch.
>
> Git tag history suggests that Carl pushed it (manually I guess?) It seems that we release some independent deliverables thru openstack/releases, and some manually pushing tags into repos.

Yes, I did this manually.  I wondered about new process because I've
seen the review [1] but it has not merged and so I did not attempt to
follow it.  Merging these things signals changes in process and keeps
things clear and consistent for everyone.

> I would love if we can consolidate all our releases to use a single automation mechanism (openstack/releases patches), independent of release model. For that, I would like to hear from release folks whether we are allowed to use openstack/releases repo for release:independent deliverables that are part of an official project (neutron).

This would be great!  We just need to merge the changes to the
process.  I will continue to follow the process documented here [3].
(I even asked for some stale pages to be removed so that we wouldn't
be confused [2]).

Carl

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/308984
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-May/094698.html