[openstack-dev] [fuel][plugins][lma] Leveraging OpenStack logstash grok filters in StackLight?

Simon Pasquier spasquier at mirantis.com
Tue May 17 12:43:22 UTC 2016

The short answer is no. StackLight is based on Heka for log processing and
parsing. Heka itself uses Lua Parsing Expression Grammars [1].
For now the patterns are maintained in the LMA collector repository [2] but
it's on our to-do list to have it available in a dedicated repo.
One advantage of having Lua-based parsing is that it's fairly easy to unit
test the patterns.
BR,
Simon

[1] http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~roberto/lpeg/lpeg.html