[openstack-dev] [neutron][ovo] NeutronDbObject concurrency issues

Ilya Chukhnakov ichukhnakov at mirantis.com
Mon May 16 22:53:58 UTC 2016

> On 16 May 2016, at 20:01, Michał Dulko <michal.dulko at intel.com> wrote:
>
> It's not directly related, but this reminds me of tests done by geguileo
> [1] some time ago that were comparing different methods of preventing DB
> race conditions in concurrent environment. Maybe you'll also find them
> useful as you'll probably need to do something like conditional update
> to increment a revision number.
>
> [1] https://github.com/Akrog/test-cinder-atomic-states <https://github.com/Akrog/test-cinder-atomic-states>

Thanks for the link. The SQLA revisions are similar to the 'solutions/update_with_where',
but they use the dedicated column for that [2]. And as long as it is properly configured,
it happens 'automagically' (SQLA will take care of adding proper 'where' to 'update').

[2] http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/orm/versioning.html