[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Reason for installing devstack in CI pipeline

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Mon May 16 17:16:34 UTC 2016

Greetings,

Over the last few weeks I've been head deep into understanding the TripleO CI
pipeline.  For the most part, I am happy that we have merged centos-7 DIB
support and I'm working to migrate the jobs to it.

Something I have been trying to figure out, is why does the pipeline install
devstack?  I cannot see anything currently in the toci_gate.sh script that is
referencing devstack.  Everything seems to be related to launching the external
node.

So, my question is, what is devstack doing?

---
Paul