[openstack-dev] [kolla] Newton Milestone #1 and #2 obectives
Steven Dake (stdake)
stdake at cisco.com
Mon May 16 16:22:43 UTC 2016
I'd like to point out a few commitments made at OpenStack summit during various discussions among the community. Our direction (if your looking for work to do ;) should be the following:
* Ansible 2.0 implementation.
* Making the dashboard load automated.
* Extending the kolla gate with more test cases.
* Finishing the job on the threat analysis for kolla repo.
* Sorting out plugins.
* Integrating with bifrost in a "more then documentation" way at least for the Ansible orchestration use case.
* Solving our pain points described here .
Finally now that Kolla has released Kolla Liberty 1.1.0 and Kolla Mitaka 2.0.0, Operators expect z-streams to resolve defects. I'd like these to release every 45 days around the time the main milestone is scheduled for release. Since there are NOT features going into these z-streams, it should be fairly painless to test and release them. Our first z streams are Liberty 1.1.1  and Mitaka 2.0.1 .
If your looking to get involved in Kolla, solving pain points or fixing z-streamable defects in master and then backporting them to the stable branches is a great way to come up to speed on the code base!
If your a new contributor, feel free to reach out to the core review team on #openstack-kolla on freenode.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev