[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron] Is it still valid/supported to create a network with a br-<uuid> id?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sun May 15 01:57:12 UTC 2016

The nova create-server API allows passing a network id that's prefixed
with br-<uuid> [1]. That was added due to this bug from Folsom [2].

I'm wondering if that's still valid? Looking at the network.id data
model in Neutron it doesn't look like it would be [3].

I'm trying to sort this out for the get me a network spec in nova [4]
because as part of the jsonschema validation change for that
microversion, I was going to require that network ID be a uuid, or the
special 'auto' or 'none' values. Supporting br-<uuid> type IDs would
mess that up.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/82b0129f398817c03a9b8d43838a44646330c383/nova/api/openstack/compute/servers.py#L478-L485
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1021370