[openstack-dev] [Neutron] support of NSH in networking-SFC

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Sat May 14 00:13:59 UTC 2016

On 13 May 2016 at 16:10, Elzur, Uri <uri.elzur at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Cathy
>

> Thank you for the quick response. This is the essence of my question –
> does Neutron keep OvS as a gold standard and why

Not at all true. Neutron, the open source implementation, uses a variety of
open components, OVS being one of them. If you know of any open component
that supports NSH readily available today, I'd be happy to hear about it.

> And if so does that apply to stadium projects

We have actually been trying to better define what stadium means as it may
lead to misconceptions. But in general no it doesn't.

> As to OvS features, I guess the OvS ml is a better place, but wonder if
> the Neutron community wants to hold itself hostage to the pace of other
> projects who are reluctant to adopt a feature
>

> At these point, standard organizations are almost done and open source
> can’t adopt a feature with high demand….

Not sure I understand this last point, if you can rephrase I'd be happy to
address any other concern you may have.