[openstack-dev] [keystone][oslo][designate][zaqar][nova][swift] using pylibmc instead of python-memcached

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at macinnes.ie
Fri May 13 12:31:37 UTC 2016

Hey Dims,

>From what I remember, oslo.cache seemed unnecessarily complex to use
vs memcache's simplicity, and didn't have any usage docs[1] to help folks
get started using it.

I can see there is some docs under the module index, but at a glance they
seem somewhat disconnected and incomplete.

Are there any complete examples of it's use available for us to compare
against python-memcached and pylibmc etc?

If there comparable functionality and perf wise, I don't see a reason why
projects wouldn't switch. I'll certainly make the effort for Designate if it
looks like the right thing to do.

Thanks,
Kiall

[1]: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/oslo.cache/usage.html