[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] LBaaSv2 / Octavia support

Xav Paice xavpaice at gmail.com
Fri May 13 04:42:10 UTC 2016

Thanks for explaining that - I thought I was going mad.  You're right about
implementation challenges!

TBH, I'm writing something that would work at least in our environment and
trying to keep it as small and simple as possible so we can maintain it -
currently one of our dev team is adding a feature or two to make Octavia
match our business requirements, and I'm working on the deployment.
Openstack-ansible is quite a new approach for our deployment (we've done
most things via puppet till now) - what I was really after is some examples
to scab from, but if I manage to beat you to it, it might wind up the other
way round.  The Puppet deployment has been really good till recently but
like many, we're now unable to do 'big bang' upgrades and the lack of
orchestration in Puppet is a real limitation.

I'm happy to be involved with the implementation, but until we're using
openstack-ansible for our deployments my ability to test/run things would
be quite limited.

Maybe this is the push I need to knuckle down and migrate.