[openstack-dev] [glance] [VMT] [Security] Proposal to add Brian Rosmaita to the glance-coresec team

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Thu May 12 21:38:22 UTC 2016

Comments, alternate proposal inline.

On 5/12/16 8:35 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2016-05-11 23:39:58 -0400 (-0400), Nikhil Komawar wrote:
>> I would like to propose adding add Brian to the team.
> [...]
>
> I'm thrilled to see Glance adding more security-minded reviewers for
> embargoed vulnerability reports! One thing to keep in mind though is
> that you need to keep the list of people with access to these
> relatively small; I see
> https://launchpad.net/~glance-coresec/+members has five members now.

Thanks for raising this. Yes, we are worried about it too. But as you
bring it up, it becomes even more important. A lot of Glancers time
share with other projects and lack bandwidth to contribute fully to this
responsibility. Currently, I do not know if anyone can be rotated out as
we have had pretty good input from all the folks there.

> While the size I picked in item #2 at
> is not meant to be a strict limit, you may still want to take this
> as an opportunity to rotate out some of your less-active reviewers
> (if there are any).

Thanks for not being strict on it.

I do however, want to make another proposal:

Since Stuart is our VMT liaison and he's on hiatus, can we add Brian as
his substitute. As soon as Stuart is back and is ready to shoulder this
responsibility we should do the rotation.

Please vote +1, 0, -1.

I will consider final votes by Thur May 19 2100 UTC.

Nikhil