[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Fuel - Rack Scale Architecture integration

Ramakrishna, Deepti deepti.ramakrishna at intel.com
Thu May 12 20:18:43 UTC 2016

Hello Fuel team,

I am a software engineer working in the OpenStack team at Intel. You may have heard of Rack Scale Architecture [1] that Intel is pioneering. It is a new data center architecture that "simplifies resource management and provides the ability to dynamically compose resources based on workload-specific demands". It is supported by multiple industry partners.

We would like to propose Fuel integration with this. The first step would be UI integration [2] and we would like to have a tab similar to the VMWare tab (whose visibility is controlled by a config flag) that talks to the Redfish API [3] for displaying resources such as pods, racks, etc as exposed by this API. Note that Redfish API is an open industry standard API supported by multiple companies.

I plan to write up a blueprint/spec for the same, but I wanted to know if there is any immediate feedback on this idea before I even get started.

Thanks,
Deepti

[1] http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-rack-scale-architecture.html
[2] http://i.imgur.com/vLJIbwx.jpg