[openstack-dev] [javascript] [eslint-config-openstack] ECMAScript 6 / ECMAScript2015 rules.

Vitaly Kramskikh vkramskikh at mirantis.com
Thu May 12 17:02:11 UTC 2016

As of now, I've created review requests to enable all the rules used for
Fuel UI except these:

http://eslint.org/docs/rules/object-shorthand
http://eslint.org/docs/rules/prefer-arrow-callback
http://eslint.org/docs/rules/prefer-spread

Enabling them will break valid ES5 code, and I didn't find a way to disable
them for ES5 code - even if env.es6 is false and parserOptions.ecmaVersion
is 5, ESLint applies these rules. So probably they should be enabled after
significant adoption of ES6.

> Fuel has already adopted ES6, and is moving to adopt
> eslint-config-openstack. To help them, Vitaly's started to propose language
> style rules for ES6, which are available to review at the below link:
>

> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:es6+project:openstack/eslint-config-openstack
>
> Please take a moment to review these rules. As a reminder, approval for
> eslint-config-openstack requires that a rule receives five positive votes,
> with no negative ones.
>
> Have a great day!
>
> Michael

Vitaly Kramskikh,