[openstack-dev] [kuryr] Port binding query

Neil Jerram neil at tigera.io
Thu May 12 14:50:27 UTC 2016

I'm trying Kuryr with networking-calico and think I've hit an unhelpful
inconsistency. A Neutron port has 'id' and 'device_id' fields that are
usually different. When Nova does VIF binding for a Neutron port, it
generates the Linux device name from 'tap' + port['id']. But when Kuryr
does VIF binding for a Neutron port, I think it generates the Linux device
name from 'tap' + port['device_id'].

Thoughts? Does that sound right, or have I misread the code and my logs? If
it's correct, it marginally impacts the ability to use identical agent and
Neutron driver/plugin code for the two cases (Nova and Kuryr).

Thanks,
    Neil