[openstack-dev] Easing contributions to central documentation

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu May 12 13:39:30 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-12 07:33:35 -0600 (-0600), Matt Kassawara wrote:
[...]
> I'm also not a fan of option 3 because it trades one kind of technical debt
> for another. However, one could argue that some (relevant) content is
> better than no (or defunct) content. Interestingly, option 3 also reflects
> what ultimately happens if projects decide to maintain all documentation in
> their respective repositories. Easier for developers to contribute, but at
> the expense of usability by our various audiences.

While not a frequent reviewer of changes to Docs team repos, I tend
to agree that option 3 is just shuffling around (or even increasing)
the overall pain.

For option 2 keep in mind that our current version of Gerrit allows
you to make edits from its Web UI in your browser, so it may be
almost as easy to correct trivial issues while you're reviewing
instead of commenting on them.
--
Jeremy Stanley