[openstack-dev] [cross-project][quotas][delimiter] Austin Summit - Design Session Summary

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu May 12 11:37:32 UTC 2016

Tim Bell wrote:
> [...]
> I think it will be really difficult to persuade the mainstream projects to adopt
> a library if it is not part of Oslo. Developing a common library for quota
> management outside the scope of the common library framework for OpenStack
> does not seem to be encouraging the widespread use of delimiter.
> [...]

I agree it's hard enough to get Oslo libraries used across the board, I
don't think the task would be any easier with an external library.

One case that would justify being external is if the library was
generally useful rather than OpenStack-specific: then the Oslo branding
might hinder its out-of-OpenStack adoption. But it doesn't feel like
that is the case here ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)