[openstack-dev] [neutron][devstack] State of the refactor

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed May 11 19:00:59 UTC 2016

On 05/11/2016 02:48 PM, Sean M. Collins wrote:
> A quick update, https://review.openstack.org/168438 has landed.
>
> There is a lot of work that needs to be done, Armando and I spoke
> yesterday about some of the hooks that are present in neutron-legacy
> that both in-tree and out-of-tree consumers rely on being called.
>
> Doing a quick git grep - we have the following:

I'd like to rethink these a bit if we can.

> * neutron_plugin_install_agent_packages

Is this not just the pre-install or install phase of a plugin? i.e. is
there any reason that it can't happen at the normal point.

> * neutron_plugin_configure_dhcp_agent neutron_plugin_configure_l3_agent
> * neutron_plugin_configure_plugin_agent neutron_plugin_configure_service
> * neutron_plugin_setup_interface_driver

How are these different from 'post-config' (other than in the neutron
case they got micro split)

> * neutron_plugin_create_initial_networks

I do see a very specific place for 'create_initial_networks' (and it
getting called directly in stack.sh is indicative of that fact).

So before we go and double the size of the contract can you map out
where relative to

neutron - pre-install, install, post-config, extra each of these calls
currently happen? And why they couldn't just be done by a plugin in said
phase.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague