[openstack-dev] [Heat][Glance] Can't migrate to glance v2 completely

Huangtianhua huangtianhua at huawei.com
Wed May 11 07:06:05 UTC 2016

Hi glance-team:

1.    glance v1 supports '--location' in Api image-create, we support 'location' in heat for glance image resource,

and we don't support '--file' to use local files for upload, as the caller has no control over local files on the

server running heat-engine or there are some security risk.

2.    glance v1 is deprecated, I want to migrate to use glance v2 in heat, so for glance image resource, I think

we need to call two Apis when image creation: first, image-create, then add-location, but for glance v2, 'location' apis(add-location,

remove-location, replace-location) are unavailable by default, due the config option 'show_multiple_locations' which

default value is false, the function *location* is disabled by default. So if we migrate to glance v2, then user can't

create glance image resource by default, it's unacceptable. I wonder if we can set the config option to true to

compatible with glance v1? Or what's your suggestion to migrate to glance v2 completely?