[openstack-dev] [nova] gate testing with lvm imagebackend

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue May 10 21:51:53 UTC 2016

For the libvirt imagebackend refactor that mdbooth is working on, I have
a POC devstack-gate change which runs with the lvm imagebackend in the
libvirt driver [1].

The test results are mostly happy except for anything related to migrate
(including resize to same host) [2][3].

That's because we're not testing with boot from volume [4].

This is a weird capability wrinkle that is not clear from the API,
you'll only find out that you can't migrate/resize on this host that's
using lvm when it fails. We can't even disable this in tempest really
since there isn't a flag for
'only-supports-resize-for-volume-backed-instances'. So this job would
just have to disable any tests that have anything to do with
resize/migrate, which kind of sucks since that's what we wanted to test
going into the libvirt imagebackend refactor.

Anyway, I'm dumping this before leaving for the day, maybe others have
some ideas here.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/314744/
[2]
http://logs.openstack.org/44/314744/3/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-full/57a083b/logs/testr_results.html.gz