[openstack-dev] Wiki

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 10 20:17:43 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-10 12:59:41 -0400 (-0400), Anita Kuno wrote:
> On 05/10/2016 12:48 PM, Dan Smith wrote:
[...]
> > I'm somewhat surprised that this is an issue, because I thought
> > that the wiki requires an ubuntu login. Are spammers really
> > getting ubuntu logins so they can come over and deface our wiki?
>
> Yes.

We've temporarily (for a couple months now) halted new account
creation on wiki.openstack.org while we work through better spam
mitigation. Last I heard, wiki.ubuntu.com has been made read-only
for general users because they're having too hard a time keeping
spam under control (they obviously also use
login.launchpad.net/login.ubuntu.com). I'm trying to create an
account there right now to confirm whether this is still the case,
and the post-OpenID page which should in theory be creating my
account is timing out in my browser with a 500 ISR after several
minutes).
--
Jeremy Stanley