[openstack-dev] [fuel] [QA] running Fuel tests using nodepool

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue May 10 16:13:33 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016, at 07:50 AM, Vladimir Eremin wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Yep, I saw it. Unfortunately, because Fuel deployment scenarios is about
> setting up OVS too, it could be kinda freaky to provide overlay
> networking for OVS on OVS. That's why I was looking on other L2 overlays
> (kernel space mcast vxlan was in scope too).

Neutron uses OVS + vxlan too and we very explicitly do not nest the
tunnels. Neutron is thus able to happily make its internal VM network
overlays as it would normally over the actual VM networks. Basically
this is a non issue. You only make overlays for the non managed
networking, things like floating IP networks and so on.

Clark