[openstack-dev] Easing contributions to central documentation

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Tue May 10 15:18:53 UTC 2016

Julien,

Project or framework... regardless of the word, consumers of OpenStack
(without additional knowledge) see it as a single entity. Anyway,
especially after implementing the big tent, the documentation team is not
large enough to assign one or more people to manage documentation in each
project repository (including bug triage and patch reviews) or attend
project meetings. As a result, the documentation team asks each project to
assign a liaison that advocates documentation with developers, assists
developers with contributing/maintaining documentation, and collaborates
with the documentation team. Collaboration includes bug triage, patch
reviews, attending meetings, and communicating via IRC and/or the mailing
list. Unfortunately, most projects do not collaborate effectively with the
documentation team which results in a disconnection between the
documentation team and projects/developers. Improving collaboration via
liaisons would resolve most problems.