[openstack-dev] Making changes to gerrit's presentation

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue May 10 10:42:28 UTC 2016

There are many things to complain about in gerrit but one of the
things I like the least is the inability to link to a specific chunk
of a review. Or at least I can't find one.

What I'd like to be able to do is:

* someone make a comment in gerrit that I would like to discuss in
   IRC
* I want to go IRC and instead of saying "hey so and so, your
   comment on patch X of the review at $URL confuses me..." I want to
   say "hey so and so, $DIRECT_LINK_TO_ANCHOR confuses me"

So I had a look in the HTML source of the page to see if there id or
name attributes that could be linked to (and could then be cooked to
be exposed by some javascript) and it's a bunch of heinous
autogenned hoopa joop. So that route seems to be a bit of a dead
end.

Do we have any control over the HTML presentation of gerrit? If we
do, I'm happy to do the work to make this change if someone points
me in the right direction.

Or better: have I missed something obvious and there's some frobnitz
I can massage?

/me misses hypertext

--
Chris Dent               (╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻            http://anticdent.org/