[openstack-dev] [tc] supporting Go

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Tue May 10 07:57:47 UTC 2016

On 05/05/16 02:25, Tom Fifield wrote:

> Not a TC member, and this might not even be the right place for this,
> but ... I think it would be nice if someone has a think about how moving
> from a primarily single language community to a
> multiple-languages-allowed-in-a-bigger-way community impacts the
> "people" side of the community. Then, possibly write that down, maybe
> even with things that we could do to address any badness foreseen.

We already had that, for example in Horizon, moving from a mostly Python
oriented community to a mostly JavaScript community.

At the same time, when the shift happened, the community changed quite a
lot. That might be coincidence.
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at redhat.com>

Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham,
                    Michael O'Neill