[openstack-dev] [tricircle] About the dynamic pod binding

Shinobu Kinjo shinobu.kj at gmail.com
Tue May 10 03:12:49 UTC 2016

Hi Yipei,

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Yipei Niu <newypei at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I think I understand how does tricircle schedule pods. Based on the flavor
> extra_specs or volume extra_specs tags, tricircle queries the pod table for
> the records in which resource_affinity_tag is set. Those pods that have the
> same key-value pair with extra_specs tag will be selected. Is it correct?

Key points are described in our blueprint. [1]

6 Design Principles
 6.1 Overview
  Pod Table

7.2 Resource Routing Table

  especially,

7.3  Resource Create Request Dispatch

> Furthermore, I still have a question mentioned. Do we need to store
> historical pod binding records in the pod binding table?

If you are talking about `pod_binding` table, I think "yes".
This requirement is also described in our blueprint. [1]

6 Design Principles
 6.1 Overview
  Pod Table

But I think that the code bases need to be reflectorred a bit more, so
that we implement more necessary functionalities, sophisticate them
and make them simple as much as possible.

@Team,

If I've missed anything, please point them out to me.

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/18kZZ1snMOCD9IQvUKI5NVDzSASpw-QKj7l2zNqMEd3g/edit#

Chees,
Shinobu