[openstack-dev] [tc] supporting Go

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at gmail.com
Tue May 10 00:52:13 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 8:21 PM, Ben Swartzlander <ben at swartzlander.org>
wrote:

> If you think Perl is "nice" or "easy" you better get you head checked.

Each language has its strength and weakness, so just use the right tool for
the job. In fact the system at the investment bank worked quite well. If we
were to write the whole system in C/C++, there would be a lot more bugs and
a lot more lines of code. Parsing market data does not always need the
fastest code, so Perl served us (and I am sure it will continue to do its
job) very well.

Lastly, I think people that are insulting on mailing lists should get their
head checked first. No? :-)

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/GridEngine/GridEngineCloud.html