[openstack-dev] Team blogs

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon May 9 23:09:13 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Joshua Harlow's message of 2016-05-09 15:37:23 -0700:
> After seeing the amount of summit recaps and the scattered nature of
> these (some on the ML, some on etherpads, some on personal blogs); I am
> starting to wonder if we should again bring up the question of having
> infra (and I guess the foundation?) support/provide a place for team
> blogs...
>
> I've heard its been discussed before but nothing much ever came of that
> (not enough people?) and I'm wondering if we can restart this kind of
> effort so that teams can show-case what is happening in there project,
> project summit recaps, newer or advertise less used
> features/functionality and so-on. Having such hosted team blogs also
> makes it easier to have a history of information (personal blogs can be
> deleted...) and I think can be quite useful for
> collaboration/information sharing.

At one point we talked about giving more teams access to
http://www.openstack.org/blog/ but I think someone pointed out it would
be just as easy for folks to post on their on blogs and syndicate to
planet.openstack.org. Your point about things being deleted makes some
sense, though.

Our specs repos have RSS feeds thanks to yasfb, so it would be
relatively straightforward to set up similar repos for "blogs" based on
that. There are any number of sphinx-based static site generators that
would let us reuse our existing infrastructure and tools for building
team web sites if yasfb doesn't have all of the features we need.

Doug