[openstack-dev] [ironic] Midcycle: virtual or physical?

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Mon May 9 22:24:17 UTC 2016

Hey all,

In this morning's meetings we discussed having a virtual midcycle again
this cycle, versus a physical midcycle.

Pros of virtual:

* More people can attend (we'd be missing a significant portion of our
  core team at a physical midcycle)
* Lower cost for employers
* It went very well last time!

Cons of virtual:

* No face-to-face non-work interaction (this is the main reason I hear)
* Somewhat lower bandwidth
* No whiteboards

We seem to be about 50-50 split on this, so I'd like to ask for your
preference. Here's a poll, please take it:

http://doodle.com/poll/4vm5ea28t3qyn7bp

Also note that if we do have a physical midcycle, that doesn't mean we
can't also have some virtual meetups during the cycle :)

// jim