[openstack-dev] [ironic] weekly sub team status report

Loo, Ruby ruby.loo at intel.com
Mon May 9 18:52:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

We are pleased to present this week's subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

Bugs (dtantsur)

===============

- Stats (diff with 18 Apr 2016):

- Ironic: 190 bugs (-13) + 173 wishlist items (+7). 17 new (-13), 133 in progress (-1), 0 critical (-1), 26 high (+2) and 19 incomplete (+1)

- Inspector: 12 bugs (-1) + 17 wishlist items (+1). 1 new, 7 in progress (+1), 0 critical, 4 high and 1 incomplete (+1)

- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 15. 2 new (+2), 0 critical, 0 high

- monthly diff (with 04 Apr 2016)

- Ironic: 190 bugs (-6) + 173 wishlist items (+10), 133 in progress (-2)

- Inspector: 12 bugs (-2) + 17 wishlist items (+1), 7 in progress (0)

Upgrade (aka Grenade) testing (jlvillal/mgould):

- Conducted audio conference concerning Grenade work

- Etherpad for Grenade work: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ironic-newton-grenade-whiteboard

- https://github.com/JohnVillalovos/devstack-gate-test

- Progress is being made. Getting some patches added.

- lucasgomes has reported that he is getting farther along than before.

- Multiple people have reported running the grenade tests.

- Using tinyipa for the grenade test.

- jroll has posted a patch for 'tempest smoke' as we need to have 'tempest smoke' passing to have a real Grenade job.

Network isolation (Neutron/Ironic work) (jroll, TheJulia, devananda)

- should have upgrade testing before landing

- patches are ready for reviews

    - should we lift -2 from the first patch or at least move it to the next patch? it's just API for portgroups.

        - possibly, though it would be nice to land the api changes somewhat together

        - [deva] Please, no. Landing a new API endpoint that has zero functionality and zero testing is misleading to users.

Gate improvements (jlvillal, lucasagomes, dtantsur)

- dtantsur figures out feature parity of tinyipa with inspection

    - logs support is missing due to absent journald/syslog, we may want to work around by dumping IPA log in a file

Node search API (jroll, lintan, rloo)

=====================================

- spec ready for reviews: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/306092/

Multiple compute hosts (jroll, devananda)

- had a good long chat with jaypipes about using generic-resource-pools work for this; looks promising

Generic boot-from-volume (TheJulia, dtantsur, lucasagomes)

- both specs had some comments to address the last time I've looked. see below about Julia's PTO.

Driver composition (dtantsur)

=============================

- the spec https://review.openstack.org/188370 lacks some details, but may use reviews anyway.

Cross-project:

==============

- Nova Liaisons (jlvillal & mrda)

    - Conducted bug scrub

    - mrda had taken a TODO to review a Nova patch.

- Oslo (lintan)

- Doc (jroll, liliars)

    - api-ref is now in our tree \o/

    - lots of clean up in progress: https://review.openstack.org/312795 and following patches

Inspector (dtansur)

- ironic-inspector 2.2.6 released for Liberty

- the HA spec got merged: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-inspector-specs/specs/HA_inspector.html

- releases for Mitaka and Newton will be made this week

Bifrost (TheJulia)

- Julia is Out on PTO for at least two weeks

Until next week,

--ruby

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard