[openstack-dev] [kolla] OpenPower support

Franck Barillaud fbarilla at us.ibm.com
Mon May 9 16:17:30 UTC 2016

all,

We have a Mitaka/Kolla control plane deployed on x86 in our lab with an
OpenPower (Habanero system from Tyan) compute node attached to it and it
works like a charm :-).
Under SoftLayer we also have a Mitaka/Kolla control plane deployed on x86
and we are trying to attach a Power8 system to it. The
'neutron-openvswitah-agent' starts successfully but trying to start
'nova-compute' leads to the following error:

2016-05-09 07:00:37.516 107958 ERROR oslo_service.service ServiceTooOld:
This service is older (v9) than the minimum (v10) version of the rest of
the deployment. Unable to continue.

All the oslo packages are exactly at the same level on the controller and
on the compute node. Any idea where this error is coming from ?

Regards,
Franck Barillaud
Cloud Architect
Master Inventor
Ext Phone: (512) 286-5242    Tie Line: 363-5242
e-mail: fbarilla at us.ibm.com