[openstack-dev] [tricircle] cross-OpenStack L2 Networking spec review

Shinobu Kinjo shinobu.kj at gmail.com
Sun May 8 02:12:22 UTC 2016

Hi Team,

Since there was no tag [tricircle] in subject, I'm emailing you again.
Sorry for spam -;

We are trying to describe specification [1] regarding to ""cross
OpenStack L2 networking"" [0] as Chaoyi mentioned in previous message.
Honestly that description [0] does not accurately describe what this
project is trying to do. And it's hard to be described by few words as
well.

And he mentioned having a quick look at presentation material. [2]
This is fine to understand this project. But it's still not good enough.
AFAK it's because that those kind of materials are completely based on
our blueprint. [3].

IMHO I would recommend you to start from that blurprint.
At least from:

 7. Stateless Architecture Proposal

If some sentences are not based on that blueprint, that's a problem.

But even you read that blueprint, you do not really understand what
this project is trying to do.
This is a real problem. We have to fix a blueprint first.

Otherwise we face double-writes issue which could cause huge risk to
this project.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/304540/
[2] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1UQWeAMIJgJsWw-cyz9R7NvcAuSWUnKvaZFXLfRAQ6fI/edit
[3] https://docs.google.com/document/d/18kZZ1snMOCD9IQvUKI5NVDzSASpw-QKj7l2zNqMEd3g/edit#

If I've been missing anything, please point it out to me.

Cheers,
Shinobu

--
Email: