[openstack-dev] [kolla] Kolla rpm distribution

Jeff Peeler jpeeler at redhat.com
Fri May 6 19:49:13 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 2:54 AM,  <hu.zhijiang at zte.com.cn> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One of our application would like to use Kolla as an upstream deployment
> tools. As the application may run in the environment without internet
> connections, we are trying to packaging Kolla as well as its requirements,
> such as jinja2, into rpm packages and deliver them along with the
> application. We would like to get some advises about:
> 1) Is it the right way to go for our application to build rpms for upstream
> python packages?

If you don't want to rely on pip, then you have to use RPM or some
other method of installing the requirements. It is on the to do list
to create a document to help people mirror content so that they can
build faster, though I'm not sure if it would fully cover no access to
the internet at all.

> 2) Is there any plan for Kolla project to implement rpm packaging. As we are
> working on that, I think we can do some contributions.

Kolla just consumes RPMs (and debs). Package availability would
obviously depend on what distribution you're using, but python-jinja2
seems to already be packaged for Fedora:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/rpms/python-jinja2/