[openstack-dev] [kolla] xenial or trusty

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri May 6 15:32:14 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Jesse Pretorius
<jesse.pretorius at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 May 2016 at 19:21, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Jeffrey Zhang <zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I'd like to lock the tag version in certain branch. One branch only
>> > support
>> > one
>> > distro release.
>> >
>> > For example, the mitaka branch only build on Trusty and the
>> > master/newton
>> > branch
>> > only build on Xenial.
>> >
>> > So, the branch and OS matrix should like ( fix me and the ?)
>> >
>> >           Ubuntu     CentOS     Debian      OracleLinux
>> > Liberty    14.04        7          ?             ?
>> > Mitaka     14.04        7          ?             ?
>> > Master     16.04        7          ?             ?
>>
>> FWIW, this is what we plan to do in Puppet OpenStack CI (except we
>> don't gate on OracleLinux & Debian).
>

> FWIW OpenStack-Ansible is choosing to support deployment on both Ubuntu
> 14.04 LTS and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS for both the Newton and Ocata cycles, with
> the current proposal to drop it in P. The intent is to provide our deployers
> the opportunity to transition with a mixed deployment.

AFIK Newton can only be deployed on Xenial, there won't be support on
Trusty (iirc my conversation with UCA folks).
So I'm curious how you're going to do. Are you building your own packages?

Puppet OpenStack CI is using upstream packaging provided by Ubuntu (UCA).

> Obviously YMMV and our plans may change based on the actual implementation
> details.

Emilien Macchi