[openstack-dev] [tricircle] About the dynamic pod binding

joehuang joehuang at huawei.com
Fri May 6 01:48:09 UTC 2016

Hi, Yipei,

Shinobu is correct, this should be taken into consideration in the design of dynamic pod binding.

How to schedule pod, you can refer to host-aggregate scheduling with flavor, the difference is that the scheduling granularity is on pod level. By the tag in flavor extra-spec and volume type extrac_spec , tricircle can be aware of which type of resource the tenant wants to provision.

For example: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_OpenStack_Platform/4/html/Configuration_Reference_Guide/host-aggregates.html

So in https://docs.google.com/document/d/18kZZ1snMOCD9IQvUKI5NVDzSASpw-QKj7l2zNqMEd3g/edit, one field called resource_affinity_tag is proposed to be added into the pod table, it could be used for scheduling purpose. But this is only one proposal, you may have better idea to do that, after the spec is reviewed and approved, the doc can be update to reflect the new idea.

Best Regards
Chaoyi Huang ( Joe Huang )