[openstack-dev] [Keystone][Nova] Any Code Examples of Other Services Using Keystone Policy?

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Thu May 5 21:54:54 UTC 2016

My understanding from the summit session was that we should have a specific
role defined in keystone's policy.json here:

https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/a16287af5b7761c8453b2a8e278d78652497377c/etc/policy.json#L37

Which grants access to nothing in keystone beyond that check. So, the new
rule could be revised to something as generic as:

  "identity:get_project": "rule:admin_required or project_id:%(
target.project.id)s or role:identity_get_project",

Where the new role name I appended at the end exactly matches the policy
rule name.

However, unlike the summit discussion, which specified only providing
access to HEAD /v3/projects/{project_id}, keystone's usage of policy
unfortunately wraps both HEAD and GET with the same policy check.

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 3:05 PM Augustina Ragwitz <aragwitz.lists at pobox.com>
wrote:

> I'm currently working on the spec for Project ID Validation in Nova
> using Keystone. The outcome of the Design Summit Session was that the
> Nova service user would use the Keystone policy to establish whether the
> requester had access to the project at all to verify the id. I was
> wondering if there were any code examples of a non-Keystone service
> using the Keystone policy in this way?
>
> Also if I misunderstood something, please feel free to correct me or to
> clarify!
>
> Here is the etherpad from the session:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-nova-keystone
> And here is the current spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/294337