[openstack-dev] [tc] License for specs repo

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu May 5 19:24:03 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-05 12:03:38 -0400 (-0400), Ben Swartzlander wrote:
> It appears that many of the existing specs repos contain a
> confusing mixture of Apache 2.0 licensed code and Creative Commons
> licensed docs.
[...]

Recollection is that the prose was intended to be under CC Attrib.
in line with official documentation, while any sample source code
was intended to be under ASL2 so that it could be directly used in
similarly-licensed software. We likely do a terrible job of
explaining that though, and maybe dual-licensing everything in specs
repos makes more sense? This might also be a better thread to have
on the legal-discuss@ ML.
--
Jeremy Stanley