[openstack-dev] [Nova] Live Migration: Austin summit update

Timofei Durakov tdurakov at mirantis.com
Thu May 5 12:34:35 UTC 2016

We've tested live migration of instances under load for following features:
 - Auto-converge
 - XBZRLE compression
Tests were done against qemu 2.5. Instances had 2GB ram and stress tool was
used to emulate load:

$ stress -m 1 --vm-bytes 200M --vm-keep

None of them could be called silver-bullet for live-migration process.
Load mentioned above made live-migration process not that stable as
wanted.
I've also planned to tests all features that Daniel mentioned and it would
be intresting
to compare results.

Timofey.