[openstack-dev] [glance] [cross-project] Austin summit summary: Microversions

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Thu May 5 05:48:10 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to send a brief summary of the discussions at the summit. This list is not holistic however, it covers the relevant aspects that
various stakeholders need to be aware of.

* The discussion in this session was informatory on what's existing today in the API_WG guidelines.

* The pieces of information given, relevant here are: Glance sort of does this but lacks the client negotiation part. The wsgi adapter in Glance should be capable of adding this functionality.

* It would be nice if we have this in Glance before making the bigger API impacting changes. This should be a relatively small change.

* Some research questions were posted: how can oslo.vo (versioned objects) can help? do we need an extra step for this to work with metadefs or will it work out of the box?

For more information please reach out to me on #openstack-glance, email, reply here etc.

Nikhil