[openstack-dev] [nova] Distributed Database

Edward Leafe ed at leafe.com
Wed May 4 17:00:57 UTC 2016

On May 3, 2016, at 7:05 PM, Mark Doffman <mdoffman at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> This thread has been a depressing read.
>
> I understand that the content is supposed to be distributed databases but for me it has become an inquisition of cellsV2.

Thanks for bringing this up, and I feel a lot of the responsibility for this direction. To make how I see things clearer, I wrote a follow-up blog post [0], but for those who aren’t inclined to read it, I think that Cells V2 is a great idea and could be very helpful for many deployments. My only concern was the choice of fragmenting the data. I would hope that any further discussion focuses on that.

[0] http://blog.leafe.com/index.php/2016/05/04/mea-culpa-and-clarification/

-- Ed Leafe