[openstack-dev] [oslo][mistral] Saga of process than ack and where can we go from here...

Renat Akhmerov renat.akhmerov at gmail.com
Wed May 4 07:48:37 UTC 2016

> On 04 May 2016, at 04:47, Dmitriy Ukhlov <dukhlov at mirantis.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Joshua.
>
> I think than Mistral have already fast solution - they customised oslo.messaging rpc to achieve ack-after-process in Mistral code base

Dmitri, I disagree. This is not any kind of a decent solution, it is a very very very temporary one. It already got broken twice upon changes in oslo.messaging. Yes, we consciously took that risk because we had to get it done quickly.

A decent but simple solution that we’re hoping for is the first patch that Joshua made, [1]. It wouldn’t harm anyone who doesn’t want to use at-least-once and give us (and those who need it too) stability, because it would be supported officially by oslo.

For long-term though, it would be really cool to accomplish something like Josh mentioned ([2]) or [3] which after a long-long discussion was abandoned. Btw, I think it’s also our fault that we didn’t support the discussion timely but we are ready to work on it further.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/229186/ <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/229186/>
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/260246/ <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/260246/>
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/256342/ <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/256342/>

Renat Akhmerov