[openstack-dev] [oslo][mistral] Saga of process than ack and where can we go from here...

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Tue May 3 21:24:13 UTC 2016

Howdy folks,

So I meet up with *some* of the mistral folks during friday last week at
the summit and I was wondering if we as a group can find a path to help
that project move forward in their desire to have some kind of process
than ack (vs the existing ack then process) in there usage of the
messaging layer.

I got to learn that the following exists in mistral (sad-face):

https://github.com/openstack/mistral/blob/master/mistral/engine/rpc.py#L38

And it got me thinking about how/if we can as a group possibly allow a
variant of https://review.openstack.org/#/c/229186/ to get worked on and
merged in and release so that the above 'hack' can be removed.

I also would like to come to some kind of understanding that we also
(mistral folks would hopefully help here) would remove this kind of
change in the future as the longer term goal (of something like
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/260246/) would progress.

Thoughts from folks (mistral and oslo)?

Anyway we can create a solution that works in the short term (allowing
for that hack to be removed) and working toward the longer term goal?

-Josh