[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Neutron client and plan to transition to OpenStack client

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Tue May 3 18:52:02 UTC 2016

On 3 May 2016 at 11:01, Richard Theis <rtheis at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Steve Martinelli <s.martinelli at gmail.com> wrote on 04/22/2016 05:49:32 PM:
>
> > From: Steve Martinelli <s.martinelli at gmail.com>
> > <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
> > Date: 04/22/2016 05:52 PM
> > Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron] Neutron client and plan to
> > transition to OpenStack client
> >
> > thanks to richard, tangchen, reepid and others for picking this up
> > and running with it; and thanks to armando for embracing OSC and
> > putting it in neutron's plan.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 6:33 PM, reedip banerjee <reedip14 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Richard,
> > Thanks for the information :)
> >
> > Was waiting for it.....
> >
> > On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 3:27 AM, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 22 April 2016 at 13:58, Richard Theis <rtheis at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > FYI: I've pushed a series of WIP patch sets [1], [2] and [3] to
> > enable python-neutronclient OSC plugins. I've used "openstack
> > network agent list" as the initial OSC plugin command example.
> > Hopefully these will help during the discussions at the summit.
> >
> > [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/309515/
> > [2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/309530/
> > [3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/309587/
> >
> > Super! Thanks for your help Richard!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Armando
> >

> > "Armando M." <armamig at gmail.com> wrote on 04/22/2016 12:19:45 PM:
> >
> > > From: "Armando M." <armamig at gmail.com>
> > > <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
> > > Date: 04/22/2016 12:22 PM
> > > Subject: [openstack-dev] [Neutron] Neutron client and plan to
> > > transition to OpenStack client
> > >
> > > Hi Neutrinos,
> > >
> > > During the Mitaka release the team sat together to figure out a plan
> > > to embrace the OpenStack client and supplant the neutron CLI tool.
> > >
> > > Please note that this does not mean we will get rid of the
> > > openstack-neutronclient repo. In fact we still keep python client
> > > bindings and keep the development for features that cannot easily go
> > > in the OSC client (like the high level services).
> > >
> > > We did put together a transition plan in pace [1], but we're
> > > revising it slightly and we'll continue the discussion at the summit.
> > >
> > > If you are interested in this topic, are willing to help with the
> > > transition or have patches currently targeting the client and are
> > > unclear on what to do, please stay tuned. We'll report back after
> > the summit.
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there an update available from the summit session? I didn't see a
> resolution documented in [3].

I have asked the individual session moderators to come up with a report by
the end of the week. Some of us are either travelling, taking time off or
simply catching up with the backlog. Please look for a mail titled
[Neutron] <Session name> - Report.

If you don't see if by the end of the week, please come back again :)